offers a wide spectrum of rehabilitative services to assist our clients
in reaching the summit of their physical functional capabilities, whether
that be in sport, work, recreation or just everyday life. Regardless of
your diagnosis or injury, you can rest assured that our professional staff
will provide you with a quality rehab program customized to your specific
needs through an appropriate combination of therapeutic modalities, hands-on
manual techniques, therapeutic exercise, instruction in proper body mechanics
and posturing, and instruction in a home program to provide you with the
tools to continue your healing process and prevent future symptoms.
Physical Therapy Services
We offer Yakima's Widest Variety of Therapy Services to best meet your
Occupational Therapy Services
- Hand & Arm Therapy– Traumatic, Repetitive motion and Post-Surgical
- Activities of Daily Living Training
- Adult Rehabilitation– Stroke, Mobility Training, TBI, Self-Care Skills Training, Home Management Skills and Community Re-integration
- Coordination & Dexterity
- Fluido Therapy
- Pre-Work Screens
- Chronic Pain Behavior Class
- Low Vision Rehabilitation
Return to Work Services:
- Work Conditioning
- Work Hardening
- Ergonomic Evaluations
- Industrial Work Rehabilitation
- Physical Capacity Exams
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Activity Coaching: Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP)
Distinct Additional Services
- Scenar Treatment
- Functional Training
- Gait Analysis
- Rock Taping
- Mulligan Techniques
- Traction Treatment
- Biofeedback for Pelvic Floor
24th Avenue location features a 20' x 25' warm water therapy pool for
aquatic exercise therapy. The low patient to therapist ratio (1-2 persons
per therapist) ensures optimum effects for your therapy. The water is
kept at 88° to 92° F and the room temperature is kept at a warm
85°-92° F. The Therapy Pool is open from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday
Patients who have finished therapy can continue to use the pool for exercise
on a fee basis, by appointment. The pool usage is limited to five people
at a time to ensure maximum space for you to comfortably complete your
The advantages of warm water exercise include:
- Muscular relaxation
- Reduced pain sensitivity
- Decreased muscle spasm
- Increased ease of joint movement
- Increased muscular strength and endurance
- Ideal temperature for fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid arthritis
- Reduced gravitational forces
- increased peripheral circulation
- Improved respiratory muscles
- Improves body awareness, balance and proximal trunk stability
- Improved morale and confidence
Performing therapeutic exercises in the water has many advantages, including:
- Buoyancy: the "unweighting" effect of the pool allows people
to perform some activities in the water that they may be unable to perform
on land, such as walking for someone with comprised weight-bearing on
their legs or someone with back pain.
- Resistance: the water provides a natural resistance to everyday movements
allowing your muscles to become stronger.
- Hydrostatic pressure: the light pressure of the water against the
body combined with movement serve as a natural way to decrease swelling
offers full quality rehabilitation for a wide range of orthopedic injuries
- Post surgical recovery
- Pre-surgical strengthening
- Motor vehicle accident recovery
- Work related injuries
- Back pain/strain
- Sacroiliac dysfunction
- Orthotic consultation, evaluation and fabrication
- Muscular imbalances and weakness
- Joint stiffness and limitation
- Everyday sprains and strains of the joints and muscles
CSPT will address these or any other injury that may be limiting your
ability to participate comfortably in work, recreation, sport, or everyday
Athletic Injury Rehabilitation
Our professional staff can assist you in achieving your best possible recovery from a sports-related injury. Your customized rehabilitation program will include sport specific training to get you back on the field of play as soon as recommended and keep you there.
Additionally, therapists experienced in biomechanical assessment can provide you with information on what specific areas of your body may benefit from a combination of strengthening, stretching, and proprioceptive training. We want to assist you in improving your performance in sport, whether recreational or for competition, and help with preventing future injuries.
CSPT has therapists specially trained in the treatment of vestibular
disorders. Problems with dizziness can be relieved by learning the correct
exercises to alleviate these symptoms. Controlling these symptoms will
allow you to return to your previous level of activity while decreasing
the worry of falling or becoming dizzy.
Massage therapy is proven to induce relaxation, relieve stress, improve
circulation, prevent insomnia and lower blood pressure. Our licensed massage
therapist can treat pain associated with:
*Pregnancy *Fibromyalgia *Chronic Pain
We bill L&I, personal injury and most medical insurances
when massage is determined medically necessary. On-site seated massage
is available at your work place or gathering for 6 or more persons.
Rates: $50.00 for 1 hour and $30.00 for 1/2 hour
Seated massage: $15.00 for 15 minutes.
Massage Therapy and Gift Certificates are available at all locations.
Principles of the Mulligan Concept
The Mulligan Concept is a manual therapy approach to restore functional motion and reduce symptoms. It utilizes gentle manual repositioning during active motions to promote optimal joint mechanics. Most of the techniques can be reinforced with home exercises and taping.
For more information on Mulligan techniques and treatment, please visit the Mulligan website.
Watch a video on Mulligan Techniques
Urinary Incontinence Therapy
This program is for the treatment of stress and urge incontinence by
learning appropriate exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles
and regain control of your bladder. The Urinary Incontinence Therapy uses
biofeedback to learn how to exercise the correct muscles and, as needed,
electrical stimulation. The program can work with functional activities
you may participate in where incontinence currently interferes.
The Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP):
This is a treatment program that can help workers who have been injured recover by increasing their activity. Activity Coaching is standardized intervention delivered by professionals trained in the Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP®).
Activity coaching can help:
- Reduce psychosocial barriers to rehabilitation progress.
- Promote re-integration into life-role activities.
- Increase quality of life.
- Facilitate return to work.
- Prevent long-term disability.
The Activity Coaching process
- The client and activity coach meet weekly for approximately 1 hour for a maximum of 10 weeks.
- Meetings may be over the phone.
- Initial stages focus on structured activity to help the client resume activities.
- Final stages focus on activities that facilitate re-integration into the workplace.
Who may be a candidate?
- Injured workers who have not returned to work around 4 weeks after the date of injury AND have not improved with early interventions such as active physical therapy.
- Surgery is not likely in the near future.
- Activity coaching is available for workers who do not speak English.
For more additional information please visit the Labor & Industries page on Active Coaching.
When you walk in our door, we understand that you are trusting us to
help you achieve improved physical function. We do not take that lightly.
Our treatment staff is composed of highly qualified, licensed Physical
Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants who will be able to individualize
your treatments to meet your specific needs. There is truly a difference.
Cascade Summit Physical Therapy - Yakima
Monday through Thursday from 7:00am to 6:00pm and Friday from 7:00am to 5:00pm.
Cascade Summit Physical Therapy - Toppenish
Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 6:00pm and Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
For more information, contact us at one of our two convenient locations:
Cascade Summit Physical Therapy / Workforce
1608 South 24th Avenue
Yakima, Washington 98902
Tel. (509) 248-6113
Fax (509) 457-8941
220 West 1st Avenue
Toppenish, WA 98948
Tel. (509) 865-5650
Fax (509) 865-5633
© 2006-2018 Cascade Summit Physical Therapy, Yakima, Washington.
All rights reserved.